The Subway under the A642 For the last 4 years I have had many dealings with the subway that runs underneath Horbury by-pass ou...

Ossett News

The Subway under the A642

For the last 4 years I have had many dealings with the subway that runs underneath Horbury by-pass outside of the Primary School. The subway is used for many purposes many of which it was not designed for and causes problems for users, residents and the school.

A long-term solution is needed. Working with Wakefield Council’s Highways department we have created a plan for the removal of the subway, replacing it with a Pelican type crossing on the road surface.

Over the next few months plans will be published showing the new crossing. Subject to consultation and the funding being secured, I am hopeful that the work will be done around the school summer holidays next year. There will be some disruption to traffic, but in the long run it will be better for all who need to cross the busy A642.

121078398_2794448607493375_3061073063721680714_n.png?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=lAYgRJgTI-wAX-D_OaW&_nc_oc=AQnVnKpeqIGWWFDEFcJwK3WTsOGAdKsb9Lk2Ff1CrewmUfHe6c7PlJwG0GT2XiHCnxU&_nc_ht=scontent-cdg2-1.xx&oh=b91601e083614c758b4de40b9f0350e1&oe=5FA39863
The Subway under the A642

For the last 4 years I have had many dealings with the subway that runs underneath Horbury by-pass outside of the Primary School. The subway is used for many purposes many of which it was not designed for and causes problems for users, residents and the school.

A long-term solution is needed. Working with Wakefield Council’s Highways department we have created a plan for the removal of the subway, replacing it with a Pelican type crossing on the road surface.

Over the next few months plans will be published showing the new crossing. Subject to consultation and the funding being secured, I am hopeful that the work will be done around the school summer holidays next year. There will be some disruption to traffic, but in the long run it will be better for all who need to cross the busy A642.

View the full article