‼️New Rail Station ‼️ My fellow Councillor Lynn Masterman who represents Ossett & Gawthorpe and I have been working on a propo...

‼️New Rail Station ‼️

My fellow Councillor Lynn Masterman who represents
Ossett & Gawthorpe and I have been working on a proposal to create a new railway station to serve our two towns.

The obvious place to locate a station would be on the existing Huddersfield to Leeds via Wakefield Kirkgate line.

One of the negative effects of having a railway station is the additional car traffic it will create. A small station like the ones in Outwood or Sandal generate hundreds of car journeys each and every day which has a massive impact on the local road network and on-street car parking.

Bearing this in mind the ideal location needs to have a railway line and plenty of available space for a large car park. Hence, we feel that a site between Horbury Bridge and Ossett would be the best location.

The timescale for the planning, seeking approval, obtaining funding, building and then opening a new station is between
5 – 7 years!

We have to start somewhere and sometime, and now seems to be the right time for this important public transport initiative. More information to follow over the forthcoming months, but for information about the local rail network can be found at West Yorkshire Rail Strategy - https://www.westyorks-ca.gov.uk/projects/local-transport-plan-and-other-dft-funding/rail-strategy/

159108632_2920532458218322_3212886923670401240_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=3KrSYFasR1cAX8qMv6h&_nc_ht=scontent-dus1-1.xx&oh=85bfc0e65138d46c88266ff69ed853c7&oe=606D5733

View the full article