Free words of wisdom from club sponsor Sam Wilkinson Does the below relate to you. Make the start to the new you …..

Ossett News

Free words of wisdom from club sponsor Sam Wilkinson

Does the below relate to you. Make the start to the new you …..

224146508_336516244833078_286207100041041975_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=_wiAGromPOUAX-pv02T&_nc_ht=scontent-dus1-1.xx&edm=AJdBtusEAAAA&oh=30152c1dd84aca0e89e368e5b471e235&oe=61261E6E
Motivation often comes AFTER you take action, not before.

How many times have you skipped a workout, ordered a takeaway, or failed to get up early to do that thing, because you didn't feel motivated?

It can be so easy to not do something because you don't feel like it.

And many people who come to me tell me that what they're suffering from is a lack of motivation.

We expect to stick our headphones in and smash every workout, and to develop a new found enthusiasm for chopping veg.

We expect to feel motivated all the time.

The reality is - we don't.

In fact for the majority of the time we aren't particularly motivated to do the things that will move us forward.

The trick is to do them anyway!

As is often the case, real life ain't like it is in the movies - it's not sexy, glamorous or exciting, sometimes it is simply about getting the job done.

Today's workout was deeply unpleasant, dreamed up by the sadist that is Alex Lenkowski.

100M of walking lunges followed by a 300M Sprint/jog/shuffle/crawl.

4 Rounds, minimal rest.

It was pretty minging!

After the first round, I had no interest in continuing, I felt like 4 rounds was a joke and I certainly wasn't motivated to continue.

So I chunked the workout down into 2 very simple steps:
1. Start the next set of 10 lunges.
2. Start jogging on the treadmill.

Once I started, it was much easier to continue, but starting came first.

Don't wait for motivation to come to you, create it yourself by taking action.

Picture of sweaty mess me afterwards! 😁

View the full article